Practice Areas

Family Services & Child Removal

Providing Reliable Family Law for the Kansas City Area

Putting Your Family Back Together

When the state has taken custody of your child, it can seem like the most traumatic and terrifying event in the world. You want to get your children back. This may require making significant changes in your lifestyle. Demonstrate to the court and family services that your choices are in the best interests of your children.

I am attorney Kathryn Beeman, and I will do more than just represent your interests as you fight to regain custody of your children. My commitment includes acting as an advisor to help you take the right steps to get your kids back. Contact my law firm today to schedule a consultation — I can develop a strong case for you.

Why Has This Happened?

Family services normally do not remove children from his or her home without a reason to believe the children are in danger. Children are commonly removed for a variety of reasons, including:

  • Neglect
  • Abandonment
  • Danger of abuse
  • Child Endangerment
  • Excessive alcohol use
  • Presence of illegal drugs

If family services and the court decide to make the child a ward of the State, you can change the conditions that led to removal and fight for reinstatement of your parental rights.

What Do I Do?

Once the state has taken custody of your child, you have to prove that the conditions leading to the removal of your child are gone permanently. If an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend, was a factor, then you have to choose between him/her and your child. If dependent on drugs and alcohol, then you'll have to prove that you are clean.

I can act as your attorney, but also as an advisor. I can help you understand the steps to take to be reunited with your child. I will explain how to communicate with professionals from family services and how to act during court hearings.

Make Your Family Whole Again

Contact my law office today by e-mail or call 816-781-4403 to schedule a consultation. You have the right to request an attorney, even a specific attorney. This will usually be allowed, and the State may pay the attorney's fees.